Thursday, December 30, 2010

Paris...I Love you!

Adam & Christine riding the Metro

Today we headed off on the Metro to go on a Bus Trip around various points of interest. Can I say that whoever designed the Metro system can they design all transport systems in the world? It is very easy as a tourist to follow being colour coded and number so making getting to your destination easy. Anyway we arrived a little early for our tour so we walked round the streets and looked at various shops including souvenir and perfume shops. We all came away with a few packages. We then joined our double decker coach and made our way around the streets of Paris. I would not like to drive the streets of Paris; just walking them is dangerous enough! Paris is so full of history, one thing stands out to me is every corner has historic buildings, churches, palaces. It must have been a very rich country from about 1600 to 1900 given all the buildings, monuments etc. Our Bus tour took in such a minute part of Paris and I certainly want to come back and explore more areas. It looks to me a photographer’s paradise and it is hard to do it justice in one and a bit days especially in the winter. Today went to 7 degrees but later in the day was back down to minus 3. The short dark days don’t help either. One thing I could not help notice is Paris is packed with tourists despite the weather. The crowds at the Notre Dame, The Louvre and the Eiffel Tower still amaze me. What is it like in true tourist season? When is the best time to visit? All things I will research before we return to this City. I have twisted Su’s arm she will return for my sake although today being warmer and brighter did thaw her heart towards Paris. At the end of our tour which was at the Eiffel Tower, we decided to return to our hotel being in close proximity. I wanted to go up the Eiffel Tower. I soon found out I should have booked a ticket weeks ago, but could not get the rest of the family motivated. Decision time…Do I wait in line in hope I don’t wait too long? Christine and Adam wanted to go up the Tower too. So at 5.30 we set off for the Tower and joined the line at 5.50 to go to the top. After 30 minutes we noticed the Top had been closed due to bad weather. Oh well Level two it is. After just over one hour we purchased our tickets to level two. We travelled up by the lift. The temperature had dropped but the view was sensational….quite happy to get to this level in fact the very top may not have been any better. We took photos galore and walked around the second level. Christine could not resist the gift shop she must have every postcard and icon of the Eiffel tower. We slowly made our way down and headed back to the Hotel. Su and I were going out for dinner to a little cafĂ© we saw earlier in the day. Christine and Adam were going to Pizza Hut giving McDonalds a rest today. As you can tell they are adventurous in their food eating. We had a beautiful dinner at Le Petite Ferme for 65 Euros, three courses with wine and coffee for two. I have taken many photos and am hopefully of having a few mounted on Canvas I attach a few here but see the full gallery of shots here Paris Photos



Tomorrow we head back to Leeds Bradford International Airport then to Retford. Apparently someone is having a Birthday and we are going out in Wath to celebrate with Su’s Sister and Brother in law.







No comments:

Post a Comment