Sunday, December 26, 2010

Latest UK Fashion for Males


Ok I have not worn Gumboots since I was a kid, but trudging through the snow in London made me decide I needed to invest in a new set of footwear. Gumboots at ten pound (Nine pounds ninety nine pence to be exact) UK still keep their pennies. So thicker socks are in order to keep my feet warm but for trudging through the snow ideal! Back in Retford today a quiet day catching up on the washing from our London stay. With  last minute Christmas shopping in Retford then called into Morrisons ( a UK Supermarket) to get our last supplies for Christmas day. Well talk about busy. All checkouts were open and there were queues up the ailses. UK Supermarkets sell everything from groceries to Magazines, Alcohol and Pharmacy as well as the mandatory in-store cafe. I like shopping Morrisons Clare's father, Terry works for them and I like to think I am helping pay his wages. I love browsing the ailses much to Su's disgust. Certain things seem cheap and the temptation of chocolates and cream cakes and dougnuts are are too much for me. I enjoy comparing what thye have in the UK to us in Oz. Today my Gumboots became rather handy. After waking to  a cool morning with a heavy frost we ended up getting a light dusting of snow about 25mm or an inch. Su is not happy to see the snow as she is worried about Adam arriving Friday morning from Australia. She does not want a repeat of earlier in the week when Heathrow was shut for two days. Interestingly the CEO of Heathrow has stated he will not be taking a bonus this year...bless him. BAA who operate Heathrow have taken a beating in the press from not being prepared for such snowfall. it appears the owners of BAA are Spanish and the Governemnt sold off such a vital asset when they needed to raise cash. Many are questioning the wisdom of selling off such a prize asset and into foreign hands as well. It appears investment in Snow equipment was not a priority, especially as Spain rarely sees snow. Makes you wonder about the sell off of assets in Oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment