Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Glamour and Nude Photography Course - UK



On Monday I went to Reading to do a Glamour and Nude Photography Course with Paul McLachlan of http://www.pauls-studio.co.uk/. Paul is well known in the UK and frequently features in UK Photography magazines such as Digitial Photographer Magazine. He runs courses on Portraiture,Lighting, Glamour and Nude, Boudoir Primer, Art Nude Creative, Nude Erotic & Adult. Paul has  a studio set up attached to his house and it is an impressive little studio and I have taken notes for when I build my studio. Paul started out with the basics of studio lighting and I was happy to build on my earlier course with Creative Photo Workshops. Ashlea was a great Model and she is Paul's resident model and has appeared in Playboy. We started out with one light then built up the lighting using softboxes, Beauty Dishes, Barn Doors and the like. I was happy with the nearly three hours of one-on-one tution I recieved from Paul. Paul is happy to share his knowledge with you and is easy going and is full of info.  After attending this course I now have GAS (Gear Accumulation Syndrome), and one of my first items will be a light/flash meter, I can really see the benefit in having one. Of course I want  Studio Lighting and feel more confident in purchasing an outfit now. After Paul's pointers I now  know what to look for. I had booked another session with Paul prior to Christmas but have decided to postpone this till the New Year, hopefully weather conditions will improve and it will be alot easier to get to. I may even drive  there from Retford. So if you are visiting the UK and happen to be in London I would highly recommend doing one of Paul's courses. The full images may be viewed at my website  and I warn you they contain Nudity and are not Work Safe.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for blog post...!!!!Click here for more information about photography tutors london

    ReplyDelete