Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Travel Photography


Picked up a Photography Magazine as you do and was attracted to it's feature on Travel Photography. Read the first section on equipment and I am still shaking my head. As you know I am off to Dubai shortly and thought well I won't take as much gear as I did to the UK. Here is the suggested list.

Two camera bodies, 
A 17-40 mm Wide angle Zoom
A 40-70 mm Standard Zoom
A70-200 mm Telephoto Zoom
Two Teleconvertors (1.4x and 2x)
A laptop
Filters
Remote Shutter Release
A Tripod
A Flash
Batteries
A sturdy camera bag and don't forget pack a reverse lens cap, a mini screwdriver for running repairs, a pocket knife(try getting that through security), Notebook and pen a headlamp or torch and a compass is handy (obviously not heard of iphone)and cleaning tools.

I guess I might as well take my kit as it is now. Infact might have to throw a few more things in.

Several interesting tips on getting those holiday shots though. Want to get those shots but the place is too crowded....get up early...use a ND filter and use long exposure moving people will not show up. In a dull light building set your camera up on a tripod  use long exposure and walk around firing your flash manually. As long as you keep moving and not wearing white you wont appear in the shot.   I will see how much case room I have later in the week.





No comments:

Post a Comment