Monday, April 11, 2011

Off Camera Flash

f11 100 iso 1/50 28mm Model Leyla
Well Friday night when I arrived home a parcel was waiting for me. It was reasonably big so it had to be my new 400w portable flash kit. I was stoked it had arrived as Sunday was a meet up with the Off Camera Flash Portfolio building group. I was so eager to try this out. I immediately unpacked it and set about charging up the battery. A couple of hours later the battery was charged. I pressed the test button a few times to pump out some light. Cool.
Come Sunday I meet with the group at the abandoned rail yard and with  a guide number of 52 decided to use 1/3rd power. I was very happy with the results. Latter on we crashed another photographers shoot, Helen Graham, she had a softbox and Darren with his  motorbike. So we decided to pool resources, as the sun was dropping I used my flash on 1/9th power being set off by the flash from the soft box. We all got some awesome images and I definately want to get another one before Lynette or Belinda buy them and the seller runs out. Thanks to Beck for organising the shoot.

iso 200 f14 28mm 1/60sec

Soft box to left my flash to right on 1/9th power iso 400 f11 1/60sec
My flash on it's own 1/3 power f10 iso 400 1/60 sec model Emmajane

No comments:

Post a Comment