Thursday, April 28, 2011

Haggling in Karama


Today after Coffee and a Pastry at the Mirdif centre Katrina took us to Karama. Karama is an area in which there are copy bags, watches, clothing as well as selling Dubai  souveniers. We were in search of a Prada wallet, black to be precise. Do you have Prada?..no Prada sorry...then 5 minutes later Boss Boss follow me. So here I was led upstairs having to duck my head go between walls over plumbing pipes then into a room behind a false wall to find a small area fully stocked with Prada,Hermes and Louis Vuitton copies of Bags and Wallets. The air conditioning  was switched on for me..after a little haggling I came away with a Prada Wallet. So for 245 DHS about $63.00 I was the lucky owner of a Prada copy ladies wallet. Hope the intended owner likes it. From there we went next door and again were lead upstairs up and around ducking our heads as we went,  they even served cold water here, once again a great array of copy/fake bags. Onto the next shop want bags, watch? Bling Bling watch? Cost nothing to look. I mistakenly took up the offer of looking at some watches. Once again I was lead upstairs a foldup table set up and a plastic chair provided..was I going to get out alive?...Next behind a false wall boxes of TAG Huer,Omega, Breitling and Rolex watches were presented. How much ? 350 DHS? A quick calculation on the iPhone currency calculator..$88 hmm no I not want watch...as I moved to go back down stairs the price had dropped to 200 DHS about $50. They were begging me to buy, please youn are fist customer I do special price, how about two watches for 300DHS..no I don't want a  watch as Su comes up the stairs looking for me. Anyhow we got away with some great stuff you see it when I come back I am sure you wont miss it. In the meantime one of the best days if not for the entertainment value...I might have to go back there.

No comments:

Post a Comment