Monday, April 4, 2011

Strobing


Okay one of my photography friends invited me to a shoot. He said we are going to be doing something radical and what you don't see much of. Well he had me interested and in the week leading up to Sunday I got an inkling of what we might be doing, due to a post by another photographer on his page. It was a link to a Nikon site with a Joe McNally video showing you how to use repeating flash. So Sunday rolled around and we had two dancer models, a black backdrop in a studio. Now when I saw the Nikon post my heart kinda sunk as I thought there is no way you can do this with a Canon. Well the Canon 580 ex flash does have a strobe feature. So here are my first attempts at Strobing.. Need some practice but you get the idea. So guess what my next EBay purchase is going to be? Yep you guessed it..here is the Link. Thanks Allan & Mel for letting me share with you guys.



1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good time, hope you got some great shots. Hope to be doing something again in my studio, your welcome to come along again. Need the white swan yet.

    ReplyDelete