Friday, May 6, 2011

Visit to the Mall of the Emirates


Okay last day in Dubai we fly out  tonight 9.20pm. We have nearly visited all the Malls in Dubai so today we went to the Mall of the Emirates...you will know it, it is the one with the Ski Slope. This mall has all the Designer label outlets including a Harvey Nichols store. What really strikes you in Dubai is most Malls offer valet parking and when you look at the vehicles, there are Porsche Cayenne 4WD's, BMW X6 and X5's, Ferraris...I have never seen so many Ferraris in my life.  In fact some makes and models are as common as Falcons and Commodores  in Australia. As Malls go, for some reason Su and I like this one better than the Dubai Mall at the base of the Burj Khalifa. Once you see one mall, you have seen them all but not all Malls have a Ski Slope. I was able to view the Slope from the 1st floor of the mall and whilst the Mercury was touching 39 outside, the Ski Slope was -4, the snow looked real and there were plenty of people rugged up playing in their, whether skiing or tobogganing. I let the girls wander off on their own whilst I sought out the electronic and Camera stores. Must admit having packed my bag there were things I could buy but talked myself out of any purchases. Surprisingly when I caught up with the girls Su had been very restrained and had not bought anything either. So off we headed home to freshen up before the long haul home.





No comments:

Post a Comment