Wednesday, May 4, 2011

High Tea at the Burj Al Arab


Okay I have watched that programme on National Geographic about the Building of thr Burj Al Arab so to actually finally see it and to go inside.....stunning. No visit to Dubai would be complete without gong to the Burj Ala Arab. The hotel is situatedon a man made island at Jumeirah, Dubai. Reputedly the worlds only 7 star hotel. Katrina organised before we arrived a high tea for us, so we could soak in the atmosphere. Let me tell you the 275 DHS about $70 Australian was well worth it. We had a 7 course high tea, which started with Sparkling Wine, followed by a selection of Sandwiches, then a cocktail, then scones jam and cream, followed by pastries with tea or coffee....I know only six courses but  I am sure I have missed something. Anyway we had reports that it was a small meal etc...for goodness sake this is a high tea a snack but let me tell you the girls were full and even though I had polished off all that was put in front of me I could not finish off what they had left. ( I did consider asking for a doggy bag but thought it would well and truly reveal my breeding).

Whilst we ate in luxurious surroundings a Quartet of piano, Cello and two Violins provided the background music. In between this was the delicate plop of water from the fantastic water feature that runs from our floor down to the Lobby. Both  esclators from the lobby to the first floor have aquariums along side them. The shops on this level are devine and if you need to ask the price then quite obviously you can't afford to buy. The view was back towards Jumeirah over looking the Jumeirah beach hotel which constantly changed colour. After dining we wandered around the hotel, we asked to go to the 27th floor bar and when we arrived via the lift we were unfortunately denied entry. Oh well such is life. We went to the lobby and waited for our car to be retrieved, meanwhile I snapped the three white Rolls Royce's waiting for me...and in the meantime a white Porsche Cayene Stretch Limo pulled up. out got two older gentlemen and I think their daughters as they took photos of them against the limo.You be the judge.








No comments:

Post a Comment