Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A trip over Dubai with Seawings


Yesterday I did something that I had seen on Trip Advisor, to take  a Cessna Seaplane ( Cessna Caravan)  and fly over Dubai taking in the local sights. I was orginally to go from Dubai Creek however the weather was realitivley gusty around the creek. This meant I had to get to Jebel Ali instead, lucky Katrina had decided to get me to the creek early and the company paid for a cab to take me to Jebel Ali. This was adventure in itself in that the cab driver spoke little english ( a bit like back home) and had no idea were he was going. I had no idea so some frantic mobile phone calls from the driver to Seawings I eventually made it being 5 minutes late for the 3pm takeoff. I was taken  by Golf Buggy to the.Jetty and along the way we collected our other passengers ( Family from the UK who have recently moved out here to work). A quick safety breifing, put our  seatbelts on and the plane taxied on the water to take off over a newly constructed Palm Island. We then flew over Jebel Ali and made our way over the Palm proper down to the World  Islands around the Burj Al Arab over parts of Dubai City out for a closer look at the Palm with the Alantis hotel then back towards Jebel Ali. It was a forty minute flight and with my two camera's and using a 17-85mm and the 70-200mm lenses, the cameras  mounted on R-Straps I was like a gun fighter rapidly shooting, I took over 300 photos and really happy with what I got.  Some will need photoshop to clean up etc as one thing here is a haze some of it heat but also the fine sand the wind picks up which makes looking into the distance difficult. Overall a really good experience and could not but highly recommend it. The slight inconvienece at the start was soon over shadowed by the experience. I was then taken back to Dubai Creek by the Seawings driver Barber, a Pakistani young man who has been here for six years, we had an interesting conversation about the recent events in the world. Unfortunately I had to get a cab back to Mirdif but I think I still had a big grin on my face when I arrived for Su to see.

Palm Island & Alantis Hotel

Burj Al Arab Hotel

Dubai City

Jebel Ali

Alantis The Palm Hotel up close

1 comment:

  1. There are many tourist destinations and attractions that you can indulge in Dubai such as the Burj Khalifa, the Burj Al Arab Hotel, and The Jumeirah Beach hotel and so on.


    property shop

    ReplyDelete