Sunday, January 2, 2011

Thoroughly Modern Millie

Millie
,
Happy New Year! New Years day dawned far too quickly! I got up relatively early even though I wanted more bed rest. Su's friends Terry & Shelia (Clare's Parents) were coming for lunch. I was going to pump out yet another cheesecake along with cooking Meat and veggies for Lunch. The day was once again dreary and cold but all the snow has now melted. I knocked out my signature Cheesecake (White Chocolate and Raspberry) despite not having familiar ingredients or cooking surrounds. Adam & Christine were due back from Wath, lunch was set for 1pm.
Terry and Shelia arrived about 11.30am with their second granddaughter Millie. Millie is two and a half years old and I soon found a new friend and was making cheese sandwiches. Su was hopping Terry would bring their latest Lhasa Apso pup, however Terry said he was far too boisterous to bring over. Both Su and Pam were disappointed given they are missing Cleo and Monty. I managed to serve lunch on time and hot. Shelia had also brought a Rhubarb crumble for dessert so we were soon letting our belts out. We  have certainly eaten well whilst on holidays, must be the cold. I hate to think how many chocolates we have consumed and Terry and Sheila have generously given us another tin of Roses chocolates. We are leaving the empty tins for Dave & Marilyn don't know what they will think! We had a great afternoon with Su,Sheila and Terry sharing stories of Su's father and his adventures or misadventures as they may have been. Millie, who for her age is very advanced, was a very good girl and whilst she had a few toys had fun drawing and singing her rhymes along with puppets. I decided to get the camera out but quickly learnt that a moving child is difficult to photograph and I certainly need to hone my skills in children photography. Maybe I should have got the camera out when she first arrived and was a little quieter and perhaps had some shyness. A really enjoyable day with family and friends...hard to think in a week our holiday will be over.



Sheila & Millie

What are you doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment