Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Lincoln Is It!


We awoke Tuesday morning with a light blanket of snow on the ground. Our good friends Barb & Bernie had arrived the night before and today we were off to Lincoln with them.  Lincoln is about an hour away and it is a lovely city. We parked near the marina, boats were tied up in a frozen lake. First things first we made our way to a little tea house for tea and cake. Then we made our way to Lincoln's High Street. Lincoln is  City full of history and I would have to say I prefer it over York. Our first site we came across was the Glory Hole now this has been so called for years but it is nothing like what you are all thinking...dirty minds. Any how I digress we made our way up High Street albiet slow as the girls ducked into shops on the way up the  street aptly named Steep Hill to Lincoln Cathedral. I have been to York Minister and it is impressive but there is something about this Cathedral can't put my finger on it but I think I like it better than York Minister.  Maybe it is the fact it was used in the Movie The Da Vinci Code I don't know I will let you judge for yourself from my photos. 






Lincoln is a University town and has a vibrant feel about it that University towns usually have. We had lunch in a cornish pastie shop in the city centre. Lincoln has the usual main stores, Marks & Spencers, Primark etc but they also have a lot of Boutiques and local designer type of stores. It is unfortunate we found Lincoln so late in our stay, however it gove sus somewhere to com eback to and explore...hopefully in the summertime!








No comments:

Post a Comment