Monday, July 18, 2011

Photographing Animals..K9 Photography


Diana's "Two Souls" canvas was sold at the Variety Club of Queensland's Heart Art Auction recently.
Anyone who knows me, knows my wife is a mad animal lover. We have two dogs, two cats, 4 cocktail's and a number of budgies. Ever since I have had my camera my wife suggests to me, take a picture of the dogs,the cats...quick take a picture of Cleo, Monty, Zeus....When I return from a shoot she is only interested if I have photos of dogs or cats...not at all interested in the models, the events I go to.... unless it has an animal in it.

Now you often hear that you should never work with animals or children and if the shots I have tried to take of my animals are anything to go by I have the greatest respect for Diana Leventhal of K9 Photography. I met Diana several years ago at a workshop and she was photographing animals back then. I have watched her develop her portfolio over the years and everytime my wife says take a photo of the dogs I sake my head and think nah..couldn't do as good a job as Diana. Why don't you photograph something interesting? Like dogs says my wife. No I say, there is only one Dog photographer..Diana and I could never be as good as her besides I am not natural an animal person.

Yesterday Diana went to the Italian mansion that Krank Photography Workshops used for their Fashion Workshops with an Afghan Hound. Amazing photos once again.  I don't know what her secret is but whenever I want to take a photo of my dogs they want to come up and lick the lens. I decided I don't have the patience so if you want pet photos go to Diana of K9 Photography you will be pleased you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment