Friday, July 8, 2011

Introducing Violet Morphine..


I met Violet about 18 months back when I did a shoot with Beck. This was an Absinthe Fairy theme shoot and from there we have done a few shoots together. Violet is what is called an alternative model and so she tends to be more in the gothic style. She has a large following and once again for a young girl she amazes me with her drive and passion. Violet has recently  been studying make-up and in particular using latex and the like to create special effects. I felt very privileged to be asked by her to photograph her final assignment for her makeup class.

She had a model, Becstacy CreativeModel made up as Tim Burton's Character from the Movie The Corpse Bride.



Here are two images showing Violet's awesome work!

In a few weeks Violet will be off to the USA, well Los Angelos to be exact to do a 12 week course in film and stage make-up, now I cannot remember the name of this school but if I can remember rightly from what Violet tells me doing this course is a pre-requisite to getting work in the Americian Film industry.

I certainly wish her all the best of  luck and sorry to see her leave our shores here but hope she remembers us when she has made it big in Hollywood. Meanwhile I will reflect on some of the images I have captured of her and hope to capture a few more in the future. Good Luck Violet....Au Revior....

No comments:

Post a Comment