Saturday, June 4, 2011

Self Portraiture


Self portraiture by photographers is nothing new and I thank Mel Sinclair for arousing my interest in this subject. She pointed me to a very talented photographer on Flickr Miss Aniela who has an outstanding portfolio of work on display. She is one gutsy girl and seems quite comfortable in front of the camera as she does behind it. She even has the guts to stand nude in front of the camera. Now don't worry I wont be doing that...not yet anyway. In looking and reading more on this subject an article came up on the Digitial Photography School Blog offering a book on Self Portraiture by Anna Gay. So I downloaded a copy of this book and printed it out. It is interesting to see what one can achive, how you can experiment with light, flash, camera settings and the like. And if you get it wrong your model is hardly going to get upset are they? In studying Miss Aniela work she also has a whole album on Multiplicity. This kind of work intrigues me also, so here is my crude attemps of self portraiture and multiplicity. By the way check out  Mel Sinclair's work she has some awesome work in her portfolio. She is a Brisbane photographer, a Nikon girl but don't hold that against her. Thank you Mel for sharing with me.


1 comment: