Friday, June 17, 2011

Adam Knott Photographer


Okay every now and then you see a photo that makes you go wow. On a Friday I like to hit the lunch room and take the magazine from the Australian or Financial Review. These magazines are printed on high quality paper and whilst they have great articles it is normally the photography that I am looking at.( kinda reminds me of the reverse reason of why I bought Playboy just for the articles...lol.) Anyhow here I am browsing through the magazine and I saw this photo...the one above of Virgin Australia's John Borghetti in the Australian Business Magazine called The Deal.

Now look closely at this photo of which I had to shrink and scan so hopefully you can still see the detail. (The link also takes you to the article on The Australian website.) Okay the photographer is Adam Knott and more on him later..lets deconstruct the photo. Firstly he has used off camera flash...one under the table we can see that and obviously one to camera left so the shadow of the plane cuts behind his head. Now look at how John is sitting in the chair..with John seated facing the wall...and does he not look as though he is sitting in an airplane? Brilliant work I say.

Now some info on the photographer, Adam Knott is the Chief Photographer of the Weekend Australian Magazine, Wish Magazine and The Deal. He has  spent 13 years in the United States working as an editorial photographer. His portraits of celebrities such as Audrey Hepburn, Nelson Mandela, Hilary Duff, Cate Blanchett have appeared in Esquire, GQ, Entertainment Weekly, Time, and Harpers Bazaar. 

I have found this blog which shows some of his work during the time his wife suffered depression whilst writing a book. Would love to see further samples of his work but I still think this photo is absolutely wonderful...what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment