Thursday, June 16, 2011

Shout out for Foxton Danger

Went  last week to MODA Creative  Launch showcasing designers here in Brisbane. The Styling was done by Elisha Casagarande who I have just found out will assist in the Mercedes Benz Fashion Festival in August. Congratulations Elisha, a well deserved honour. Anyway I digress.. one of the designers showcased last week was Foxton Danger. Now Foxton Danger is not unfamiliar to me, why? Well I work with the Mother of the designer, Emma Mclean, who is the real person behind Foxton Danger. In fact I bought..well all right  I stole  her old Canon 20D.  Emma I love that camera and it is still going strong by the way.  Emma is a proficient photographer in her own right having studied photography and puts together the photoshoots of her designs for the web, brochures and advertising. I can see how the fashion bug and the lure to design can come about in fact maybe there is still some of that in her old camera and that's why I have a keen interest. From my wife's point of view perhaps too keen an interes,t as when I was wanting to bring stuff back from Dubai but that is another story.
Okay back to Foxton Danger, Foxton Danger has probably been around about two years and Emma designs a beautiful range of clothing primarily Kaftans out of beautiful silk and cotton blends. Foxton Dangers collection are exciting, vibrant and different. They seem to appeal to women of wide age ranges and her designs also seem to take in those plus size ladies as well. Foxton Danger featured earlier in the year in New York with G'day USA Australia week ...a sign that this fashion label has gathered respect very quickly. Accompanying me the other night was Miss Emmajane Phillpotts a  young fashion design student herself (more on EmmaJane in another post) as well as a fellow student Watson. Certainly EmmaJane's favorites were the Foxton Danger designs and in particular a number called Andromeda. I have attached a few photos from the night and given the location.lighting and the fact I carried minimal gear not exactly my best work but gives you an idea of what we saw on the night.

Stockist for Foxton Danger can be found on their website

No comments:

Post a Comment