Friday, February 4, 2011

SEKONIC L-308s Flashmate Light Meter


I now a owner of a light meter , I feel like a real photographer now with my Hoodman Loupe and Sekonic Light Meter . Actually I probably feel a bit geeky(you look it too I can hear you say) but since doing the nude studio course in the UK I can see the benefits of using a light meter. It is another Ebay purchase  and cost (can't tell you Su might find out) but I was able to get it well under new price and is in mint condition.

I am now making my way through the  manual and of course I will have to practice using it. Of course with digitial cameras there is a debate as to whether you really need a light meter. The Sekonic L308s is a versatile meter in that it is able to measure the light falling on your subject as well as measuring light from a flash.

In reading up on using a light meter I came across this very useful post, in fact the whole site has some interesting and enlightening articles. I am very happy with my purchase and no matter what side of the debate you are on I know I wont regret getting a light meter!

No comments:

Post a Comment