Tuesday, February 1, 2011

More Gadgets-PIXMA MP495


Okay my blog kinda went quiet after returning to Australia. Well I managed to work one and a half days before our office was closed in Brisbane due to extreme flooding. It just didn't seem right blogging under those circumstances. But rest assured I have slowly been gathering gadgets etc and I am wanting to update you on what I have been upto.
Now I used to have a friend when the ashtrays in the car got full he would buy a new car...well I am like that with printers. I needed Ink for my current printer, a black and colour cartridge are a little over $50 so I thought why not buy a new printer? My current one is a HP and must say been quite happy with it but thought hey what the heck lets buy a Canon PIXMA. Now I studied the printers and whilst it is easy to get carried away I am not looking at printing photos out on it as I figure you can do it cheaper in stores or even better send away to a print house. I realised I did not really want duplex but sort of thought it would be cool to go wireless.
So wondering around Big W I saw the Canon Pixma MP495 on special from $98 down to $78. What drew me to it was the fact it could be wireless. So I soon had one under my arm and was heading home(after paying for it of course).
Now out of the box this printer was easy to set up. I was printing wirelessly...woo hoo. Can I say that it prints fabulous photos on A4 photo paper but after 7 images needing to change ink is not exactly economical. Okay I said I wasn't going to print photos but hey I had to try it out. I have now installed the printer on my two laptops and when I want to print no matter where in the house I just press print and hey presto I have printed...provided I have loaded paper into the printer.
So folks need more ink? Buy a new printer!! Works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment